• Home
  • Unmarried Couples

Unmarried Couples - Your Rights

Many people still believe that there is such a thing as common law marriage… there is not.

If you wish to protect yourself before moving in with your partner, you should consider drafting a Cohabitation Agreement, which can set out the terms of your financial arrangements before you move in together. If you have already moved in together, it is not too late to draft an agreement and it may help to resolve issues, should you sadly break up.

If you have split up with your partner but the home is in their sole name, you may still have rights to the property. This is a complicated area of law and it is important that you seek advice about your rights as soon as possible.

If you want to discuss any matters regarding your relationship, please contact us to arrange an appointment.

Share this page

Contact us

Head Office:
Andrew Isaacs Law Ltd
Unit 7, Atlas Business Park,
Balby Carr Bank, Doncaster,

01302 349 480

Melton Mowbray Office:
Pera Business Park,
Nottingham Road,
Melton Mowbray,
Leicestershire, LE13 0PB

01664 896 218

Gainsborough Office:
Mercury House Business Centre,
Willoughton Drive,
Foxby Lane Business Park,
DN21 1DY

01427 318 112

Leighton Buzzard Office:
Market House
25 Market Square
Leighton Buzzard

01525 574 473

Call us now, our phone lines are open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week 01302 349 480 or fill out our enquiry form here